Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Gettin in Shape!

So today is day 3 of the madness, dieting dieting dieting! Today Is also day 1 of workout- way intense when you haven't in a year!

On a good note I found a ton of recipes by Herbal Magic that will make the diet a bit more pleasurable (food wise) god knows I love my food! I found this awesome workout video by Denise Austin (love her workouts!) So I'd like to share with you all a recipe I tried today and a fool-proof workout that only takes 15 mins!


This workout video is great for cardio, and the second half is all working on hips, thighs, and buttocks. Usually what I try to do is do this 4 times a week, and in the middle (being Wednesday) I do something more relaxing, like stress free yoga, really communicate with my senses.


What you need: 
½ cup fat-free mayonnaise
¼ tsp. garlic powder
2 regular pitas
5 oz. cooked chicken breast, cut into strips
1 cup lettuce, shredded
½ cup tomato, chopped
½ cup cucumber, peeled and chopped
¼ cup water, divided

Directions: 
Combine mayonnaise and garlic powder. Open and separate each pita into 2 and spread mayonnaise mixture evenly on each round. Arrange chicken strips evenly down centres of pita round. Top evenly with lettuce, tomato, and cucumber. Fold over left and right sides of pita rounds. Fold short sides over to form a rectangle. Coat a skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Place over medium-high heat until hot. Sprinkle 1 tsp. water in skillet. Place 1 pita, seam side down, into skillet; press firmly. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn pita, press firmly, and cook 2 more minutes or until lightly browned. Repeat with remaining 3 pitas.

Serves four. One serving equals ¼ protein, ½ vegetable, 1 starch, and 1 free exchange. 


Easter is a week and a half away, and I'm taking on the challenge! If you want to with me and want anymore information on what I'm doing leave a comment or email me :) Happy living! 



No comments:

Post a Comment