Saturday, January 21, 2012

Recipe: Dumplings

So I decided today to make a stew (first time ever) and gathering all my friends recipes I made my own version, one thing I love about stew is dumplings, my gramma makes them the best! I found a fool-proof recipe online it's so easy and only takes 10 mins! Although if you are cooking in a crock pot (which I did) it take about 20-25 mins. Click Here for the complete recipe.



What you will need:
  • 2 cups flour
  • 4tbsp butter - at room temperature
  • 4tsp baking powder
  • 1tsp salt
  • 1 cup of milk 
Combine salt, baking powder and flour in a bowl, add butter, and slowly stir in milk- towards the end to mix everything well I used my hands, if you don't make sure the butter is evenly combined throughout.

Spoon in mixture teaspoon by teaspoon in crockpot, (make sure crockpot is on high) let cook for 20-25 mins, or if doing it in a saucepan 10 mins.

Alterations: We were completely out of milk, so I used cream, I filled half a cup with cream, and the rest water (mix), they turned out wonderful! :)

enjoy!

peace.love.shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment