Saturday, November 19, 2011

Make-up Review: Foundation

There are a lot of different kinds of foundation out there, for many different skin types. I have a really hard time finding a good one- that I'm not allergic too. So unfortunately this means, no minerals of any kind- however, I still need a foundation that is going to cover imperfections for at least 8 hours with more of a matte finish so my skin doesn't show to be oily. So I've rounded up all the ones from cheapest to most expensive and I am going to tell you my opinion and how each felt and reacted on my skin.

Face Xpert by Mark: I love Mark makeup, I think it's the best long lasting hold you will get for a reasonable price. This had great coverage, it's not heavy makeup so it doesn't look liked you caked it on- but it still hides the imperfections. The only flaw I found with this product is I used it for not even a month and the make-up got stuck inside and there was no way for me to use it anymore and there was still over half left! Although, if you shake it really hard you can manage to still get some out- but it was not convenient.
Price: $10   Rating: 3/5
Pure Makeup by Maybelline: I came across this one flipping through a magazine, they had a sample. Ever since I tried it I knew I fell in love. It was so weightless it felt like you were wearing nothing at all, but covered beautifully and lasted most of the day. This is a water-based foundation so I definitely recommend to anyone who has very sensitive skin like mine. The only this sad about this, is they discontinued it- well in my area at least- but if you come across it, you must try!
Price: $8   Rating: 5/5

ColorStay by Revlon: This was recommended to me by Dreams and Drifters- while in the market for a new reasonably priced foundation she suggested this one. It's not mineral based so I'm not allergic to it, it provides medium coverage, gives a nice matte finish that I like. I have only been using it for a few days, but so far so good!
Price: $14    Rating: 4/5
High Definition by Smashbox: I have been using this foundation for the past year, and would like to continue to, but it's a little high in price for me right now. Once again not mineral based, it's a very light makeup, and you only need a little to go a long way. The only thing is that it doesn't cover extremely well, so ladies if you have a lot of imperfections I would find something with more coverage- but still a good choice!
Price: $35    Rating: 4/5
Laura Mercier: This I must say is my ALL TIME FAV foundation- 5 stars for sure! It has everything I'm looking for in a foundation, excellent coverage, that non-cakey feeling, and does not make my skin oily! The only problem is it's very expensive- too much for my blood I\m afraid. But maybe a nice Christmas or Birthday present would be nice :)
Price: $59    Rating: 5/5
 Clinique: I grew up on Clinique makeup, only to find- yes I'm allergic. They say it's great for sensitive and acne prone skin, but honestly it made mine a lot worse. At the time they didn't really say if there were minerals in their products but since I broke out from using it I knew there was. So this product is not good for my challenging skin, but I really do love Clinique products and a lot of my family and friends swear by it!
Price: $30 range    Rating: 2/5
So I hope this has helped you if you are in the market for some foundation. My skin is a fussy one, so there's a minimal amount of products I can actually use. Feel free to leave your comments below on your experience with foundations, always love to hear it :)

peace.love.shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment