Sunday, May 27, 2012

Fresh Lime Salsa





This is a simple easy way to make amazing salsa- I make it every summer when I can get all of the veggies fresh and in season. Just chop all your veggies into small cubes, finely chop the fresh cilantro I usually add 3-4 tbsp. Add the juice of 1 1/2 lime- taste after 1 lime (it's really preference, the past salsa I made I added 2 for that extra lime flavor. Add a few dashes of Tabasco sauce or your favourite hot sauce for extra spice, or add none at all for a more mild salsa. Finish with Salt and Pepper to taste. Not only is it delicious, but it's low fat!

Variations:

I have used in the past fresh jalapeno instead of jarred, make sure you take the seeds out or it gets wicked hot! I also added some of the pickled juice from the jar of jalapenos for that extra tang and spice sensation.

If you try out this recipe let me know what you think! Or if you made your own variations feel free to share!




No comments:

Post a Comment